Worship service featuring the sermon “Obstacles to the Work of the Holy Spirit” given by Interim Pastor Rev. Johnny Richards; including scriptures from Acts 2:1-13; and music performed by music director Risa Poniros, pianist Cheryl Walker and the choir.
God wants the church to be all that it can be through His power. He wants the church to be willing to be used by Him in a way that will show and share His love. However, in order for the church to do this, the church has to be open to the leadership of God through the Holy Spirit. In our message today, our pastor talks about the two things that can keep the church from allowing the Holy Spirit to help us be the church that can truly make a difference in the lives around us. Our text is from Acts 2:1-13 and Ben Best is reading our scripture lesson.
Points to Remember:
- We must understand who the Holy Spirit is
- He is a person of the trinity
- He has a mind, a will, is omnipresent and wants to guide us
- He was sent to bring about peace and calm
- We have to have hearts that are soft and teachable
- Acts 2:1 - 13